I've never really discussed about my engagement ring but today, I will! Hahahahaha!
I always believe that everyone has their own preference. Every girl has her own dream ring. I have my own dream ring too. A very good friend of mine told me that I am the Lord of the Ring! *get it? get it?
To tell you the truth, I don't really care about the whole idea of engagement ceremony. I can get engage in a simple dress for all I care. But what's important to me is my E-Ring! I have a dedicated folder solely for e-ring photo inspiration even before we decided to get engaged! Thats how crazy I am about diamonds!
I know I have always wanted a cushion cut diamond ring. THAT, i know for sure! To me, cushion cut is classic, romantic and unique in its own way. Well it is unique here in Malaysia as most bride tends to go for solitaire cut. Due to its uniqueness, we find it hard to look for a cushion cut diamond that suits to our specifications and budget. Here are some of my inspirations:
![]() |
| *photo credit to Google Image |
What I always wanted was simple.
cushion cut | nothing less than 0.7 carat *to mark each years he had me waiting! lol! | H color and above
Some people might think that I'm too demanding but I'd say, be true to yourself. You also need to know if your partner can afford it. And Eddy thinks I deserve more that this actually! :)
So when we decided to get engaged, we only have approximately 4 months to prepare everything including finding my engagement ring. We made a visit to DeGem, unfortunately, they don't have any cushion cut diamond to show me at that moment. After searching high and low for several weeks, cushion cut was no where to be seen. Then I started to reconsider my specifications. At that moment, I told Eddy that I was fine with a solitaire *sad face.
In the end we went to Habib Jewel and Eddy bought a loose diamond and we mount it on a setting.
Here's the details of my e-ring:
Type: GIA Certified
Cut: Round Brilliant, Excellent
Carat: 0.8
Colour: G
Clarity: SI1
![]() |
| It looks nothing similar to what I have imagined but I can live with it! :) |


No comments:
Post a Comment