Tuesday, October 30, 2012

One Step at a Time

I think one of the main reason I'm doing this blog is maybe because I'm getting engaged soon. Therefore I feel like by having a blog, I am able to pen down all my experience in preparing for my big day. It will be sort of a journal or maybe a scrapbook that I can keep. But before we proceed with my lengthy preparation, I would like to tell all of you a little be about my history with the Mister.

Mr. E and I have been together for almost 7 years now. Can you believe it??!! 7 years!!! It was our 2nd year in Uni and we both were doing our Diploma in Mass Communication but we were in different class. We met through mutual friends and we were never friends to begin with. We flirted a little here and there for about 2 months or so until he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Within these past 7 years It's a one thing for sure that we fought countless time. But funny thing is we always fought for only 3 main reasons.

Reason #1 - Dinner
He's late for dinner! Well I can be quite a monster when I'm hungry! Then the fight will drag until I don't know which ancient history! *Don't judge!

Reason #2 - Work
He's too busy with his work. Being in advertising can be so hectic. But try being a girlfriend to a copywriter, I am telling you it can be a challenging role. Missing date nights, not seeing him for few days even though our office is like 20 minutes walk! At one point I feel like it is better for me to be single rather than be in a relationship but I'm alone all the time! But all these tension happened during his 1st year of career world. I sort of got used to it by now.

Reason #3 - Meeting the parents
Believe it or not, I just met his parents 3 months ago. Yes, in almost 7 years of being together, I just met his parents last August. He met mine during the 1st year of the relationship! His reason was his parents is not as open-minded as mine. He will introduce me to his family once he is financially stable and when his parents is ready. This reason is so stressful to me. I don't know if he is seriously considering a future with me or not! Imagine being in a relationship for almost 7 years with uncertainty! Until one day, I gave him an ultimatum. A girl can't wait forever, right?! Then he said he will talk to his parents and introduce me bla bla bla... After doing some thinking, I secretly think that he actually did the right decision in this matter. As a Malay, we have a lot of customs. If you don't have enough money, don't dream of getting married unless you are the son of some wealthy parents. I know Mr. E struggles a lot in stabilizing his financial status. He is an independent guy who does not count on his parents money. *One of the traits I love about him! Now that everything is okay, we are set to be engaged this December 15! His mom picked the date and I love it!


So now our journey has begin. We are in the midst of preparing for our E-Day. I will update you more on my dress selection, rings, the ceremony and all that in my future post!

p/s: I somehow managed to work my way around reason 2 and 3 but reason #1 will always be there! LOL

Till then,

Dream Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment