Thursday, November 1, 2012

E-Day Preparation

So, as mentioned in my previous post, I am soon to be engaged to Mr. E after almost 7 years of dating. I first met his parents somewhere back in July or August. It was during Ramadan (fasting month). Mr. E said that that was the perfect time for me to meet them. Then couple of weeks later, during Aidilfitri, his family came to my hometown to sort of get to know my family. After the meeting he told me his mom has decided to held our engagement ceremony on December 15, 2012. *God know what a relieve it was for me!

So the preparation begins! I start to think of theme, color, dress, door gift and such. Today I think I'm going to talk about the color theme and my potential E-Day dress. I think both of these elements play an important role in planning a party/ceremony. I thought picking a color was easy, yeah right! I'm not creative or whatsoever, I hate playing with colors. Then I think again, maybe I should pick my dress color 1st, then build my e-day based on my dress. Brilliant right?! Or so I thought! Now I'm having a dilemma of picking my dress color. On top of that, people around me keep on pressuring me on the design of my E-Day dress. *chill people, chill!*

I know I wanted a peplum design for my E-Day dress and Mr. E seems okay with it as well. So, here are some of the designs that I have gathered for my engagement dress inspiration. All of the design came from a well known local designer INNAI RED. I just love their Bridal 2012 - Airy Tail collection! Enough rambling, feast your eye ladies! *all photos were taken from Innai Red Facebook page.



Fall in love with this design! It's my no.1 pick!
So romantic and elegant!
Love the detailing on this design as well!

Done picking the dress design, now move on to color. I have picked peachy champagne color for my dress. Some might say that the color is too "bride-ish" but I love it! I think its the perfect color for that day. I have decided that peach and mint green will be my color theme. Here's my color palette for my engagement day!

image from Google

image from Perfect Palettes Pinterest
So, the conclusion is, I will be wearing a champagne colored peplum inspired dress, my family members will be wearing peach color and my bridesmaids will be wearing a minty green dress. I have bought all the material for my dress and my bridesmaids dresses. I will show it to you on my next post!

ps: I'm so sorry my blog post is too long!!!

Till then,

Dream Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment