When my bestie Dalila Mian told me she got invited to
Sunsilk event and I’m going to be her plus one, I was so excited! I haven’t been
to any event for quite some time now. Being married really makes me a boring
person! LOL!
The event was held at Westin Kuala Lumpur and upon arriving
at the venue; I can see a green backdrop with the Sunsilk logo written all over
it.
![]() |
| Me and Puan Dalila selfies! |
Immediately my mind associates this with hijab. I know that Sunsilk is one of the pioneers in hair care for
women in hijab. I’m not a hijab
wearer but I still remember using this range back in year 2000 when I was in
high school coz back then I have to wear hijab
to school. I used to complain to my late mom about my hair being itchy and
smelly from the result of wearing hijab
every day. I still remember she immediately recommended me to use the Sunsilk
Lovely Clean & Fresh range.
Why???
Its all
because Sunsilk’s first commercial for Lively Clean & Fresh featured
Wardina Safiyyah in a hijab. At the
time, this was ground-breaking in the Malaysian hair care market as Sunsilk was
one of the few brands bold enough to use a shampoo advertisement that did not show
any hair. As a teenager, I was amazed by it! I fell in love with it instantly
and use this range throughout my teen years.
So, seeing
that Sunsilk Lively, Clean and Fresh is still standing strong till today, I am
not surprised at all! I know for a fact that Sunsilk really manage to tackle
issues with regards to hair care while wearing hijab.
On that
evening Sunsilk announced Heliza Helmi as the new face of Sunsilk Lovely Clean
& Fresh. Heliza represents one of the many women in hijab whose lives were touched by Sunsilk, a brand dedicated to
providing hijabis platforms to succeed.
| I am so impressed by the way she express herself! So confident and energetic! *I'm a fan! |
To tell you
the truth, I never really follow Heliza’s journey in the media before but when
I heard her sharing the challenges and obstacles she faced, and the untold
story of how she achieved all that she has today, I am impressed by this girl! She
is the right face to represent Sunsilk Lovely Clean & Fresh.
One thing I
love about Sunsilk is that it has opened many doors for women in hijab and inspired them to aspire for
more. As a brand that puts women first, Sunsilk has always supported hijabis through campaigns that resonate
with these women and you too can be part of it!
![]() |
| Sunsilk Lively Clean & Fresh |
Sunsilk Menemanimu
Sejak Tahun 2000 is
Sunsilk’s digital campaign for this year, where women who have used Sunsilk are
invited to share their untold stories and memories of using Sunsilk on the
brand’s local Facebook page. All these women’s meaningful stories will
culminate in a timeline that showcases the Sunsilk Lively Clean & Fresh
journey from 2000 until today. The grand prize winner will be awarded with a
cash prize of RM20,000 to achieve her aspirations. She will also be given the
opportunity to voice out and share her inspiring story as a woman in hijab with the world.
To join in the contest and be a part of the Sunsilk Menemanimu Sejak Tahun 2000 journey,
women have to:
- Purchase RM15 of Sunsilk products from the Lively Clean & Fresh range
- Share the story of her personal hijab journey with Sunsilk on the Sunsilk Menemanimu Sejak Tahun 2000 app (found on the Sunsilk Malaysia Facebook page)
Sunsilk
Menemanimu Sejak Tahun 2000
will run from end of July onwards. Sunsilk will be giving away prizes worth a
total of RM50,000 to honour the women who have supported the brand all these
years. Stay tuned to http://www.facebook.com/SunsilkMalaysia
for more information.


No comments:
Post a Comment